To hire a mature, caring, honest, conscientious and experienced Nanny/Household Manager who is energetic, flexible and will actively engage with the children in partnership with the parents. This position is approximately 70% Household Management and 30% Childcare.
• Professional and active family with two school age children, 9 (boy) and 8 (girl) years old.
• Housekeeping service
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTER SKETCH:
• Experience caring for children with exceptional references from previous employers.
• Must genuinely love children and enjoy creating a educational, playful, stimulating environment.
• Upbeat, positive and fun personality.
• Courteous, discreet, honest and responsible.
• Willing to pitch in and do what is needed around the house when the children are in school or otherwise occupied.
• Have a flexible attitude and be able to accommodate changes in a household routine.
• CPR certified or willing to become certified.
• Able to write and speak English well.
• Able to work legally in the United States, with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Well-groomed, non-smoker, physically able to perform the duties of the position.
• Long-term intent.
• Provide a stimulating environment to enhance the basic development skills of the children.
• Set a good example for the children. Be patient, tolerant, and understanding with them.
• Accept employer’s instruction and feedback; follow through on employer’s preferences.
• Exercise common sense and good judgment at all times.
• Take initiative to accomplish tasks and make decisions. If unclear, check with parents.
• Maintain all necessary communication and reporting to parents.
• Drive children to activities, lessons and sports events.
• Assist parents with various aspects of children’s activities such as researching different activity options, signing up children for activities, and ensuring that necessary items and equipment are purchased and organized ahead of time.
• Assist parents with shopping for children (including but not limited to clothing, sports equipment, age appropriate toys, school or hobby supplies, and birthday gifts).
• Assist with the children’s laundry.
• Shop for groceries; prepare healthy snacks and meals for the children.
• Perform light housekeeping and the household daily graces.
• Help maintain the organization of the children’s bedrooms, closets, drawers, and play area.
• Help children with school projects and homework; pack and unpack backpacks.
• Assist with household projects and run errands as needed.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
A professional couple located in Middleton (Blackhawk Neighborhood) is seeking a Full Time Nanny-Household Manager to start September 15th 2016. They have one son that is 9 (almost 10) years old and one daughter that is 8 years old. The parents are both physicians with busy schedules. They will need the nanny to come in the morning at 6:30am to assist the children with their morning routine and get them to the bus stop outside of their house by 7:15am. While the children are in school the hours during the day are flexible and the nanny will not be required to be “working” the entire time. The parents will usually be between 6:00 and 7:00pm, but will require flexibility to stay later if needed (rare). Household management duties during the week will include light housekeeping (tidying up), laundry for the children only, child-related and/or household-related errands, grocery shopping and preparing nutritious meals for the children. They will have a housekeeper to do the all the heavy household cleaning. The school bus will drop the kids off at 3:15pm and after school the nanny will be required to drive the children to their scheduled activities on an average of 3 days per week and a vehicle will be provided for the nanny to use during working hours. They would also like the nanny to help the children with their homework and make sure it is completed for the next day. Their ideal candidate for this position is described as loving, extremely reliable and dependable, intelligent, organized, a self-starter, flexible and loves working with children. The salary for this position is competitive. Benefits include 2 weeks paid vacation, 4 paid sick/personal days and paid holidays. Candidates must be able to commit to a longer term (1+ years) have a good driving record and preferably have previous nanny or household management experience with excellent references.